This A Level Philosophy Distance Learning Online Course provides you with a broad introduction to the study of Philosophy. This course is designed to:
- develop a range of transferable skills which can be applied far beyond the study of Philosophy
- help you gain a thorough grounding in key philosophical concepts, themes, texts and techniques
- enable you to develop the ability to reason, form their own judgements, express themselves coherently and contribute to the process of debate
- show you how to consider philosophical problems through the study of a key text.
The course will be delivered online including Tutor Support for two years. All assignments are marked by one of our professional Tutors who will offer regular feedback and guide you through your course. Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor and you must have access to email in order to contact your Tutor.
Throughout your course, you'll have the support of a Tutor to guide you. Additionally, you can reach out to the Student Support Team for help with any other questions you may have. You can be assured that you will receive unlimited support for your home study course, so there is no need to struggle or feel isolated during your studies.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. You will also have access to a range of online resources.
Students will be required to arrange and pay for their examinations at an approved centre when an examination forms part of the course. We can provide an extensive list of these centres for you.
Students will be provided with logins for the student portal where they will find all the study materials they need to complete their course. They will also be provided with an e-textbook to assist them in completing their assignments.
Students will be provided with a Tutor who will help guide them through their course, and their Tutor will expect them to submit a number of assignments in order that their progress can be monitored. These assignments will be graded for them and feedback provided. You will also be able to ask the Tutor any questions about the course or for more help if needed. Once their course has been completed, they will then be allocated practice exam papers to ensure that they are familiar with the procedure and layout of their exams. Learners will be expected to complete these under exam conditions (i.e.. stick to the time scales allowed and try to find somewhere quiet), their Tutor can then provide them with a grade and feedback. More practice papers can be provided if required.
Course fees for payment in full include:
- Assessment and feedback on all assignments.
- Access to your personal Tutor via our online portal.
- Access to a range of online resources, student materials, assessments, assignments, eBooks etc
- Practice exam papers to prepare you for the real thing.
- Help with UCAS application if attending University.
- Tutor references and predicted grades once a satisfactory amount of work has been completed.
- Help finding an exam centre for you to sit your exam.